Chapter 1: Introduction to Management
Chapter 3: Organizational Environments & Culture
Chapter 4: Ethics and Social Responsibility
1. What would you do? Case Study: American Express
2. Management Decision: Massey Energy Coal Mine
3. Management Team Decision: St. Tropez
4. Practice Being a Manager: Excalibur Funds
5. Test Review: Review Questions
6. Online Assignment: Corporate Code of Ethics
7. Online Assignment: CSR at Starbucks
8. Online Assignment: Johnson & Johnson
9. Social Responsibility: Project
Chapter 5: Planning and Decision Making
Chapter 6: Organizational Strategy
Chapter 7: Innovation
The 80/20 Project
Describe a time in your life in which you became a self-directed learner. Think about moments from the past where you became innately curious about a subject and could not get enough of it. How did you learn more about your subject? Describe how it felt to drive your own learning.
Kevin Brookhouser's 80/20 TED Talk from Monterey California
The 5 P's of the 80/20 Project
1. Proposal- describe a learning opportunity that you could embark upon for the duration of the 80/20 project. Why are you passionate about this particular idea or subject?
2. Process- how are you going to tackle this opportunity? What resources are you going to need? How are you going to utilize your class time? What help do you need from adults, teachers, and your peers?
3. Progress- this is your timeline. What needs to get done and when should it be accomplished? Give yourself deadlines!
4. Project- what should the finished product look like? What vision do you have in mind?
5. Presentation- how do you plan on presenting this information to the class? Will you blog about your learning experience? Show a video you created? Will you have a tangible finished product?